What Can Reishi Mushroom Extract Be Used In?

What Can Reishi Mushroom Extract Be Used In?

What are Reishi mushrooms and where does this fungus originate? Reishi mushrooms are an herbal mushroom that is known to have many benefits. Reishi mushrooms grow above ground and produce multicellular structures along with connective strands called mycelium. The Reishi mushroom is native to places in Asia, including China, Korea, and Japan.
Throughout history in holistic medicine practices, organic Reishi mushrooms were considered traditional Chinese medicine. The Reishi mushroom would be dried and boiled in hot water to make a healing tea or soup. Today, manufacturers typically use a processing technique where Reishi is boiled multiple times at high pressure, allowing the active ingredients to be extracted to form supplements, tinctures, capsules, and extracts.

Reishi Benefits and Different Ways to Use Reishi

According to some superfood experts, they recommend that you take Reishi mushroom extract before breakfast. Drinking water helps absorb best when you're consuming organic Reishi extract powder or other forms like Reishi mushroom capsules. It's also good to pair Reishi mushroom extract powder with foods that have Vitamin C. This also helps with proper absorption of the active ingredients, including several types of antioxidants found in Reishi mushrooms.

When shopping for Reishi, you'll usually find Reishi mushroom extract, powders or capsules online or in health food stores. There are several different kinds of Reishi products available, all of which have varying levels of active ingredients that are affected by the growing conditions and the processing method used to extract the Reishi mushroom. Organic Reishi mushroom extract is considered as one of the purest forms because it's cultivated using techniques that preserve the delicate composites in Reishi.

An organic Reishi mushroom is composed of 90% water, while the other 10% is made up of fiber, carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, although the percentage varies depending on several factors including its growing conditions.

Active Ingredients Traditionally Found in Reishi Mushrooms

  • Complex sugars known as beta-glucans
  • Plant sterols
  • Acidic substances called triterpenes
  • Water-soluble Polysaccharides

Bio-Active Nutritional Compounds Traditionally Reishi Mushrooms

  • Polysaccharides
  • Beta-glucans
  • Triterpenes
  • Antioxidants
  • Ganaddoral
  • Luceidenic acid B
  • Enzymes
  • Ergosterol

Minerals Traditionally Found in Reishi Mushrooms

  • Potassium
  • Magnesium
  • Calcium

Give Yourself a Boost With Reishi Mushrooms

Start adding Reishi mushrooms and other organic superfoods to your daily dieting routine! This nutritious superfood will boost your intake of minerals, antioxidants, active ingredients, and other key nutrients that will benefit you. At Superfoods Australia, we are proud to offer Reishi mushroom 10:1 extract powder,  organic Reishi mushroom spore oil extract capsules, Reishi mushroom cracked cell wall spore powder, and more. Order organic reishi mushrooms today!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

22nd Mar 2018 Angela

Recent Posts